Thirty and Thriving

This blog takes up where jaefever.wordpress.com left off and continues the mad-hatter adventures of a perky activist lawyer who never takes herself too seriously and believes in agrarian reform, mad passionate love and wearing the right pair of shoes -- not necessarily in that order.

She's turning thirty this year. And has yet to figure out what that means exactly.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010

And here we are.

I am finally closing down the www.jaefever.wordpress.com blog after more than two years of (self-indulgent) chronicling of the highlights and lowlights of my life. I stopped abruptly a few months ago. I was sad at the start of the year and the words faltered.

But eight months is enough time to recover, I suppose. I'm back now -- ready to foist myself on you once more.

The difference is that this is the year I turn 30 and turning my back on a decade of wispy pink mini-dresses, impetuous choices, reckless imprudence resulting in heartbreak, but also a decade where I passed the bar, made deep friendships and developed what I know will be a lifelong commitment to activism and agrarian reform.

I don't know what the next couple of years will hold or where it will take me, but I sure plan to make it as fun a ride as I can.

Have a chica 2010!

5 comments:

  1. jae,
    welcome back."i was sad at the start of the year and the words faltered."hope the words will keep on flowing from my end of the world.

    na-inspire tuloy akong magsulat ulit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Golds! Magsulat tayo. Let's write and write and write. Let's write until the words give up on us. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever the next years have in store for you, jae, i'm sure of one thing -- they'll all happen in varying shades of pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nalito ako... parang mas mahirap mag-post ng comment sa blogspot kaysa sa wordpress a.

    ReplyDelete